Requirements and Expectations
Faith Haven House
Volunteer Day time House Monitor
Faith Haven House Volunteer Monitors are the primary staff at Faith Haven House- a transitional living program for homeless men. They monitor the guests and the property, maintaining safety at all times. They are responsible for the ongoing supervision of all guests. Daytime Monitors provide staff presence. Daytime Monitors are expected to perform their duties with professionalism and integrity in order to create and maintain a welcoming and safe environment at Faith Haven House. Monitors report directly to the Executive Director and when necessary, the Board of Directors.
· Maintain the safety and security of the guests and the property
· Supervise all guests
· Monitor the guests ensuring they comply with all rules and policies
· Be available to residents if they have any questions
· Be approachable and open to spending time with any and all of the resident if they are around for the time you are here.
· Perform all duties with professionalism
· Treat all guests with respect upholding Faith Haven House values of hospitality, equality and fairness
· Communicate regularly with the Executive Director
· Strong interpersonal skills and ability to keep boundaries
· Ability to lead and instruct
· Willingness to listen and to empathize
All applicants will be subject to a criminal background check.